Preparation time: Less than 15 minutes
Serves: Serves 5
Cooking time: 1 hour
Hey beautiful people!
Here’s a very quick and easy VEGAN banana bread recipe I created. Can I just say that I’ve been looking for a good recipe everywhere but I’ve ended up coming up with my own version? Enjoy!
- 2 medium size bananas, mashed using a fork
- 50 gr of soft light brown sugar
- 130 gr of plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 of plant based milk (I used soya)
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- Optional: dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C gas. Grease the base and sides of a loaf tin using your favourite oil
- Mash the two peeled bananas with a fork.
- Put the mashed bananas in a large bowl and add the brown sugar, flour, coconut oil, baking soda and combine well.
- Optional: once everything is mixed up add the chocolate chips.
- Baked in greased loaf tin for 45-60 minutes. Check and you can cover it with foil if the bread is getting too brown.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Make sure it cools completely before serving, otherwise the texture will be very chewy!
This should remain fresh for 3/4 days, and it can be kept in the fridge.
That’s it for this super quick post! Now that Christmas is approaching, would you like to see more super easy vegan desserts?
Until next time!